View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 12:58 AM

Default Eleven Rack FX Loop - True Stereo Signal Flow?

Hey there,

I'm trying to use the Eleven Rack as an unbalancing amp, basically as an in-between unit between the sends of my console into some FX pedals - at the moment using some moogerfoogers.

Using direct connections, DI boxes in reverse, 11R OP to amp, line level shifters etc have proven to be problematic (with hum) due to the interfacing of balanced to unbalanced...

Going back the other way, i.e. feeding the console returns directly from the outputs of the pedals has been fine.

This is one working setup:

Console FX send -> Eleven Line In L (+4)
Eleven FX Loop Send L (stompbox mode) -> Moog 104M Delay Audio IN
Moog 104M Audio Out -> Console FX Return

I'm only using the FX sends as they are live, and not bothering to return through the Eleven.

The above scenario works perfectly, have routed the FX loop to the start of the chain so it passes the signal through without processing, only gain.

The issue:

I thought it would be cool to use one channel for one FX send, and the other channel for another FX send - thinking it would be a true stereo signal flow but it seems in either setting the Eleven sends whichever input is selected out both FX Loop channels...

So when the Input is selected as "Line in L", the same signal goes out both FX Loop L and Fx Loop R. And when the Input is "Line In R" the same thing happens. This is expected I guess. But when I set the Input to "Line In L+R" - the signal from both line inputs gets summed and is sent out both FX loop points simultaneously, not separately! So L+R goes out FXL, and FXR!

Sure - this is a different kind of usage to what was intended with the FX loop - but if I was sending a stereo signal into the Eleven for FX processing, I wouldn't want the right channel to go out the left FX loop point and vice versa, would rather it be treated as proper stereo!

Sorry for the long post - and hope it all makes sense - does anyone know whether there is a setting to get this sorted or is this a limitation?

Thanks!

Jeremy

And as an aside - do you guys have any experience with a reamp device that would act like the Eleven that could essentially do what it's doing? something like the radial x-amp or studio JCR reamp box?