View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 11:20 PM

Default Re: Novation Nocturn

I've been using the big brother to the Nocture, the Remote Zero SL for over a year now, and love it. I've had a few plugins that refuse to be 'wrapped' but most of them work, and it's superb for using EQs especially.

The only other real options is the M-Audio Axiom keyboards and devices, which have some 'HyperProtoccal' or something (can't remember the name, sorry) which does sort of the same thing, but in the demos I've seen, it wasn't as slick as the Novation solution.

BUT, I'm sure Novation is 'rigging' their solution, I'm sure it's not supported, so one would have to assume with new versions of PT it will 'break' until Novation can make it work again. But it's really something Digi should have latched onto years ago, and offered something like it, a plug-in control surface. The command 8 had super rudimentary functionality, but once you use the Novation one, you'll wonder how you ever lived without it, IMHO.

For stability (just being cautious) I wrap only the plugins I really need to use it with, all my EQs for instance. I don't let it wrap every plugin which it might try and do be default.

But it's slick.