View Single Post
Old 04-16-2014, 04:00 PM

Default Latest A/D Recommendation?

I’ve got an HD Accel system that I’m running in my home studio. I recently started renting a grand piano that I have setup in my dining room. I mic’ed up the piano going into my 192 I/O interface and it sounds as good as I could have hoped for. However because the piano is not in close proximity to my workstation, it’s a little inconvenient running between rooms to record when I’m by myself.

It just so happens that I also have a Digi 003 that I’ve had laying around for years and never used it as well as a MacBook Pro that I recently bought for personal use (I have a separate tower for my studio). So I thought why not hook up the Digi 003 and have a recording setup right at the piano? It sounded like a good idea but when I did a test run, the audio quality is substantially less than running through my 192 I/O but I guess I should have seen that coming.

So my question to the group is if there is an alternative A/D out there I can run PT 10.3 on a MacBook Pro that is comparable in sound to a 192 I/O and not too hard on the wallet? Thanks in advance!

Last edited by misterphoneman; 04-17-2014 at 06:18 AM.