View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 06:38 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools LE Vista

Quote:
Seriously i suggest you to buy an XP OS for your new laptop and get rid of Vista.
Unless you want to be a super beta tester for maybe two years.... And i don't joke here, actually Vista is a big problem for everybody and i suppose for digidesign also it is a problem to develop PT on this piece of s... that is Vista actually.

So format...clean install XP and enjoy your PT rig in a more or less stable environment (XP) and enjoy also your new laptop...

Hmmm... NAH.

Vista runs really well actually, and ive been running it since its release with less problems than XP. Memory control is top notch, and though XP is nice, Vista is much nicer.

Not to mention ive been running lots of software before on XP that have since been updated to run on Vista that run much better, smoother, and faster(Im REALLY surprised DIGI didnt anticipate this update... say, maybe 2 years ago... how long has the beta for Vista been out now? How long have developers had their hands on it?)

But, nonetheless, it is Digidesign, so I can expect the updates to be several lightyears behind their competitors, but ultimately outperforming them. Its a Catch-22.