View Single Post
Old 07-31-2021, 09:17 AM

Default Re: The Hybrid Engine-large CPU hit

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtmprod View Post
Seems like you post guys are happy with the new hybrid engine. I'm trying my first music mix & I'm rather disappointed with the large CPU hit I'm experiencing. My puter's a 3.46 x 12 core, so I'm not thinking its a slouch. I normally can mix with playback at 256. With the hybrid engine, I'm only halfway thru my mix & I'm already hitting 70% CPU with playback set to 1024. I've looked around the Avid site to see if there are any suggestions for optimization, but not finding any. So I'm looking at reverting back to original HDX mode so I can mix like I usually do. If anyone who does music mixing has any observations/suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thx
I'm not entirely sure of what's happening with your setup but I have friend who is mixing music and he updated all his software (minus Mojave) to the new ProTools and he's working on an old 12 core Mac Pro Cheese grater and he had the same issue. Once he unchecked the Hybrid engine and just used HDX things started working better. So not sure. Maybe it's optimized for newer computers?