View Single Post
Old 09-01-2021, 08:20 PM

Default PT 2021.7- iMac Catalina- Thunderbolt HD Native grayed out as Playback Engine Option

Strangest thing... At my college Pro Tools lab (as in the title: iMac/Catalina/HD Native Card via Thunderbolt/AVID Omni) there are students logged in to their individual User accounts trying to access the Thunderbolt HD Native Card in Pro Tools 2021.7. In the Playback Engine window, this option is grayed out. Now here's the weird part- in System Preferences>Sound, the HD Native Thunderbolt Option output can be accessed and other apps (any browser, "music"i.e. iTunes, etc.) will play sound through the Native Card and Omni hardware. And other User accounts (Admin as well as non-Admin) on the same computer will access the Native Thunderbolt card in Pro Tools with no problem. Tried installing the 2021.7 driver then the App on these User's accounts (using Admin install authorization) with no resolution. Swapped iLoks, restarted computers, etc. Tried every troubleshoot imaginable with the same result. Please let me know if anyone has experienced this strange incidence, and/or if someone has a workable solution.
Thanks.
PT 10.3.11/ 12.5.2
003 Rack
OSX 10.8.5
ProToolsConsultant.com