View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 04:32 PM

Default Re: Stereo Aux vs Mono Aux and Turning that Mono into stereo via a stereo Plugin

For some reason I can't really understand the difference. Is the following true? (sorry if this seems like a dumb concept to not grasp). It doest seem quite right to me but someone can hopefully let me know..

If I send a stereo track out in mono, I think both channels get sent but they are both down the middle. Now when I pan the Aux track, both the left and right that were sent are being panned together. (if that is true, does that mean that both left and right channels can now actually be on both sides of the aux track??) If I send it out stereo, each stereo channel can be on whatever side of the Aux track, depending on how I pan?

Is it basically the rule of thumb that if I have a stereo track, and I want to send it to an Aux track for some reverb or something like that, that I should send it out stereo? The only reason this is even a concern is because I would prefer to use mono buses whenever possible as we LE users are limited...