View Single Post
Old 01-18-2022, 10:51 AM

Default Re: ProTools HD Omni and Rupert Shelford Channel not getting enough gain

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristtiah View Post
I can see it in the VU meter(peaking), gain is at 48 yep tested with and without filter,eq,compressor. I have a mogami TRS cable going in the LINE IN. On the HD Omni meter its barely hitting -12.
TRS cable? You mean XLR to TRS cable? Again, what exactly (connection socket type/name) do you have connected to exactly what? Pretend we are not there and cannot see what you are doing.

I especially want to know you are not sending the signal into the front panel 1/4" phono inputs on the Omni that are single sided TS/DI only (and so will ground one side of the sexy balanced transformer coupled output from the Shelford). You need to use the back panel 1/4" TRS sockets, try them all to see they work the same.

Shelford meter or LED might just be a little sensitive.

-12dbFS? input? (ie not accidentally measuring post fader?). I am not sure why that would necessarily cause a problem, you have 1000dB or so of digital gain at your disposal. If I wanted to know more what is going on I would measure the gain of the Shelford driven by signal gen, compare levels see with the VU meters etc. may also lets you confirm the Shelford clipping indicators seem OK.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 01-18-2022 at 12:19 PM.