View Single Post
Old 03-22-2021, 04:17 PM

Default Re: Automatically Copy Files on Import Preference should be default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzi45Z View Post
If it was one of the small indicator lights on the toolbar, it would be easy to notice such as when it is red so you know files are missing.
There's already the red indicator for missing files. I wouldn't be against it having a second colour though for your "session folder". Then, it's back to possible user inexperience not knowing what that indicator means. Disk allocation is complicated -- your reference to "Session Folder" may make sense in your world but in others, disk allocation is done for tracks for different reasons: in delivery, I'll have different tracks print to different subfolders (stereo, surround, stems); in recording, I'll sometimes allocate tracks to different subfolders (strings, live mix, guitars, drums). So an indicator light can be too little info -- is it only checking the default "Audio Files" folder? Is it checking only the hard drive? Is it checking the folder that the session happens to reside in and all subfolders from there? Does everyone just get used to an orange "indicator" light who works with more complicated file/folder structures? I'm not against this idea but just putting out that this indicator for the "new user" can be more complicated and potentially give someone too much confidence they have their files.