View Single Post
Old 09-08-2002, 02:02 PM

Default Re: I have an idea for the DUC

Quote:
Originally posted by Roy Howell:
Nobody knows what you want better than you.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Actualy,in my own experience,and this includes myself,the person who created the song usually has not the faintest of how to bring the best out of it.Maybe we get to close,or its a subjective thing,but there is a lot to be said for collaboration.There comes a point in every production when the creator cannot hear it objectively anymore.In my case this is shortly after writing the first line.I get a lot more enjoyment and resultd from working with other people's ideas and voices.

Maybe this isnt such a bad idea,although it will require a benefactor or sponsor to get going,but an anual "001 mixing shootout" can be interesting.

A song can be created and then whoever wants to mix it can have a go and post the results.

Catagories can include most creative mix,weirdest mix,most commercial,or there could be no catagories at all,or no winner either,but at the end of it all the songs can be posted on a single thread or post together and then can serve as an example of people's different approaches.

We'll Im just rambling here,but maybe somebody out there wants to run with the idea.

Now that I am thinking...maybe somebody should record a bare vocal of an original song and post that as a high rate MP3,together with the session tempo,then whoever wants to have a go can download it and doanything they want to it.This will include laying all instruments and mixing the whole thing....

...this might actually be interesting....

You will have to work out your own chords,beat and harmonies.....

I could host the download at my site,we will need another host to host the finished mixes,or perhaps just links like the latest stuff thread.

I think its worth giving a shot...

I am posting at a new thread.