View Single Post
Old 06-07-2017, 12:16 PM

Default Can't access virtual instruments via MIDI

Hi all. Noob here. Just bought a new Macbook Pro, Clarett 4Pre and installed ProTools a few days ago. I can record audio, insert plugins and use them (all seems good there w/buffer size of 128, tried several different sizes checking for latency), playback is good, I can create an instrument track and insert a virtual instrument but the only way that I can play that instrument in PT (either Addictive Keys Studio Grand or Air DB-33) is to put my pointer over a key and click it.

Using my Yamaha P-150 MIDI'd into the Clarret Pre4 and Thunderbolted to my Mac I can play the Studio Grand as a Stand alone with a buffer of 128 samples with no issues whatsoever but not in PT.

I can open MIDI Studio in PT and test the signal, the right triangle beneath the icon will light and I'll hear the audio "blip" but ONLY when I release the key, I've discovered.

I contacted PT installation help yesterday regarding this and no one has responded yet. I called today but no phone help on this issue so I just thought I'd ask you good folks to see if anyone could figure this out 'cause I'm stumped and have lost enough hair. Thanks!
Chris Lawson

Macbook Pro
Mid 2015
Quadcore i7 2.2Ghz
16GB Ram
256GB SDD (168.08GB free)
WD 1TB USB3 external HDD
Sierra 10.12.5
PT 12.7.1