View Single Post
Old 12-16-2021, 07:38 PM

Default Re: DIGI 002 Control Surface with newer AVID S1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Don't understand the Kemper Mic preamp comment. The Kempler outputs line level and you can always use profiles with mic/preamps in them. I just would not be spending thousands of dollars chasing fancy preamps to try to improve a Kemper output, you have lots of control in the box and in plugins in the DAW. But hey I'm an Eleven Rack and Fractal amp sim guy.

I definitely don't understand a mic preamp comment about reamping with a Kemper. Ya poke it with a dry signal over S/PDIF and it does it's reampoing stuff.

For vocals it's a different matter, The RME preamps are very nice, if you want more color then there is a wide variety of choices especially in 500 series boxes. But look at mic and preamp budget together.

Sorry man, I don't know the lingo as well as I should. I know some mix engineers send the drums out to an outboard preamp or compressor to make the drums sound big, that is what I was aiming for. And yes everyone here tells me about nice Neve clones and there sure are a lot of choices, gets confusing.
Thank you