View Single Post
Old 08-27-2021, 08:14 AM

Default How to Open Pro Tools 10 Session in Pro Tools 2021.7?

Hi! Would it be possible to open a Pro Tools 10 session in the current Pro Tools 2021.7? I'm aware that RTAS plugs won't be read/loaded, but would the instrument tracks themselves, midi tracks and data, and audio at least also load (even if the RTAS Instrument plugin themselves won't be read/loaded)? If so, are there any steps I'd have to take within Pro Tools 10 to assure the compatibility/readability in 2021.7?

I'm coming from Pro Tools 10 (on my old Intel iMac), and I'm about to install the latest Pro Tools version on my newly-bought Mac M1 Mini. Thought I'd ask here first before I install the 2021.7 on my other system since I'll be transitioning via the Reinstatement of my perpetual license and will have to soon surrender that license that will render my current Pro Tools 10 invalid.

(Apologies for having to ask here as I couldn't find--or may have missed--a direct answer on the related Avid page regarding this, not even via Google search, as most of the inquiries were regarding how to open the most current Pro Tools sessions on older Pro Tools versions.)

Hope someone can help enlighten me regarding this.

Thank you, everyone!