View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 10:20 PM

Default Pro Tools Essentials 8.0.2 Install Error

I just bought Pro Tools Vocal Studio a couple weeks ago and been trying to install it and keep getting an error when installing....

I am running:
Windows 7 64 Bit
Intel Pentium Processor T4300 Dual Core 2.10 GHz
4GB RAM

Everything goes smooth on install until it gets to the "Installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable" It returns an error saying "64 Bit Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Installer Returned An Error. Error: 1603" I click Ok. Then it says installation has finished and says I need to restart, I restart my computer and when I click Login and it comes up with a "Microsoft Register Server has stopped working" I click close program, then it comes up with a "PACE Register Error" Now it's only when I install Pro Tools Essentials and restart is when the Microsoft Register Server has stopped working shows up. I've looked around and found it might just be the 8.0.2 version of Pro Tools doing it, so I downloaded the update 8.0.3, same thing happens... I've searched everywhere and have not found a solution to this yet so I'm hoping someone might know how to fix/solve this problem...

Grrrr

Thanks in Advance