View Single Post
Old 06-29-2021, 02:40 PM

Default Can Offline Bounce be trusted...?

Long time Pro Tools user, last on HD2 Accel PT10, however VERY new to HDX, running 2021.6 on a Mac Pro 5,1 on Mojave. I am also new to Offline Bounce, a feature I was looking forward to in this upgrade, but also one I am inherently suspicious of. I've been working with my new system for a week or so and just did my second Offline Bounce of a 66 minute comedy album. Not a lot of plugin stuff going on at all. All Native plugs. Couple UAD plugs, Weiss compressor and L2 on Mix Bus. Very basic. Took about 20 minutes to bounce and when I loaded the resulting WAV file back into the session to cut up into tracks there was a weird whoosh sound right at the top as the audience fade was coming in. Definitely not in the mix. That gives me pause. Is Offline Bounce known to introduce errors/artifacts under certain circumstances? It's good that the error was right up front so I heard it, but now I feel I need to listen through the whole audio file to see if there are any other errors, which pretty much defeats the time saving purpose of offline bounce... Would welcome any thoughts about this. Thanks!