View Single Post
Old 11-22-2021, 04:37 AM

Default Re: MIDI Controllers Showing Up, But No Sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpicyBoi View Post
I'm trying to connect x2 midi controllers into Pro Tools on Mac

Both devices correctly show up when I go to Setup > MIDI Input Devices. They are also registering notes in Pro Tools at the top.

However, when I go to use my VST (Kontakt) I hear nothing

Also, I have already clicked record on the track, and still nothing. Any tips?
Your question isn't all that clear. When you say 'x2 MIDI controllers' do you mean 2 keyboards, 2 keyboards with controls or 2 controllers without keys? Have you installed any needed drivers? If they're class compliant then there's no need for drivers. Check that OSX audio/MIDI setup sees them. But it seems like PT is seeing them so the above is just here to keep things straight.

Are you trying to use the 2 keyboards at the same time on the same track? I've never tried that and don't know how PT handles that (if it can). Let's strip this down to one keyboard for the moment and go from there. First go to PT Prefs and the MIDI page. For 'Default Through Instrument' make sure that 'first selected MIDI track' is selected. Then insert the vi (PT does not use vst plugins but aax format) of choice on a stereo instrument track. Select a sound in the vi and play and you should hear something. If not in the view menu for the edit screen select instrument view and check that the MIDI routing is correct.

QAPLA!