View Single Post
Old 10-25-2021, 12:43 PM

Default Re: Is there a List M1 native AAX compatible Plug Ins for ProTools?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lambert View Post
I think we understand the limitations of the current iLok architecture, but the question was: can PT authorization be reworked so that a hybrid Native/Non-Native relationship is feasible? Forget how it's currently structured. Can M1-Native ProTools communicate with an iLok dongle to access its assets?

I think, even if it could, it wouldn't be worth the effort. A Native Pace/PT solution will arrive before that hybrid system would have its bugs worked out.
It's software, you can do whatever you want in principle. In practice just nope. As has been mentioned multiple times. Pace software is doing a lot here, not just simple license key validation. If you just want to do simple validation say periodic remote authentication against a license server and not much more then that can be done... clearly Adobe and many software products do that fine today.

But this is not going to head anywhere. Avid is beholden to Pace/iLoc today for lots of stuff, from the stack of anti-theft technology they provide, to plugin development in Juce. I doubt Avid would want to ever move off that stack, it would be a massive disruption for Avid and their plugin providers.

There is nothing you can do, and there will be no magic workarounds, you have to sit and wait for anybody to get their parts ready.