View Single Post
Old 04-25-2021, 07:35 AM

Default Re: Best Graphics Card for Latest Mac Pro ?

In my opinion, you don't need a super fancy graphics card for what we do. I think that is a waste of money. Last fall I was looking at the Radeon Pro 580X with 8GB of GDDR5 memory. It can easily run two 4k displays at 60hz and has two HDMI ports on the back. You can even run a 3rd 4k display on thru and Thunderbolt dock if needed. More than adequate for what we need to do in ProTools and it only takes up a single PCIe slot. Anything bigger, they take up a lot more space, withe their massive heat syncs on them. The only advantage on the larger cards, is that they have 4 additional Thunderbolt 3 ports on the back of them like the Radeon W5700X with 16GB of GDDR6 memory.

G
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.6, DP 11.3.1, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS