View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 06:09 PM

Thumbs down Digi 002 not recognized by MacBook Pro - Digi CoreAudio not working

Hello,

My Digi 002 (Console) is not being recognized by my brand spanking new MacBook Pro.

I have a Firewire 400 - 800 cable going out of the Digi 002 and into the MacBook Pro. I downloaded the newest DigiCore Audio Mamager 9.0 from the Avid Drivers page under "Pro Tools Firewire Device Drivers
- 002 and 003 Family Drivers". It is not recognizing the Digi 002, like for instance when I try to play a song off of iTunes, it plays through the laptop speakers and does not establish contact with the Digi 002. In fact, I have to hard crash iTunes most of the time after I try that.

"Digi CoreAudio Device" is a setting in my System Preferences under Sound, but when I change it to "Digi CoreAudio Device", it doesn't stick when I return back to System Preferences -> Sound.

Also, the Digi CoreAudio Manager reads:

Digidesign HW: Unsupported Device
Channels: N/A
Attached Clients: 0
Buffer Size: 512

Here are my specs:

MacBook Pro (8,2)
2.2 GHz Intel Core i7
8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

MAC OS X 10.6.7

Digi 002 (CONSOLE)

Digi CoreAudio Manager 9.0

ProTools LE 7.4.2 (I believe)

I recently upgraded to the newest MacBook Pro after battling with a failing G5 for 2 years only to find that the ProTools LE 7 software I was running that was working PERFECTLY is NOT compatible with my MacBook Pro - I HAVE TO UPGRADE TO PROTOOLS 8 OR 9!

I am not happy about this. Actually I am quite frustrated and really pissed off at this point as I do not have the $250 to upgrade and $50 for dongle or whatever scheme accounting cooked up to generate higher revenue shares over there at Avid.

I would just like to get the Digi CoreAudio working for starters so I can utilize the I/O aspects of the Digi 002. Then I will focus on upgrading to ProTools 8 0r 9, with 9 seeming like the best choice if and when I can afford it - or if I decide to even keep working on ProTools.

Any input on how to resolve this issue would be very much appreciated.

Tech-saavy and frustrated,

Chris