View Single Post
Old 01-29-2005, 08:51 AM

Default Re: weird master fader issues...

Quote:
Can you email me a copy of the session file (without any audio) so I can see the session routing? Which version of Waves are you running? Any reason you're not using 6.4 with ADC for mixing (it'll change your life )

Rail
Thanks Rail, i will send you a copy first thing monday morning when i am back at work. it is waves 4.0 TDM gold pack. we built a new 2nd room a few years back and when we put the order in to the IT Dept for our PC, they gave us the wrong computer ("oh yea this should be fine for what yer doin"...sorry, NOT), and unfortunately i am stuck with it. i've had problems with an install i did of 6.1 where our pro control and edit pack would drop out and the computer would freeze up completely. i am on 5.3.3 because 1) it's the only version i have that is completely stable on my setup and 2) there is no way they will pay for an upgrade. i would just pay for it myself if i knew it would work for sure. i saw there was a version of 6.2 with a cs fix that looked like it may relieve my troubles, i am trying to get a copy of that at least. maybe digi will let me try out a 6.4 upgrade to make sure it will work on my system? it's a long shot, but we'll see...

this waves problem just cropped up recently. i never touch the master fader, pretty much it is always at unity. as far as i can tell all of my i/o routings are correct, but maybe you can spot something.

here is my PT setup:
Sync I/O
192 I/O
HD Core
Pro Control
Edit Pack
PT 5.3.3
2.53 GHz Dell, 512 Ram

(i should also note that i have 2 PC's with a KVM switch. the Dell above is strictly XP Service Pack 1 and PT only, the other is email, internet, fx library, etc.)

i do audio post for video, radio spots and corporate training stuff with this setup, so my sessions are not reall intensive.

Ken P.

Pro Tools Ultimate, Mac Mini 3.2 i7, Mtrx Studio & Omni, 4x S1’s & Dock w/ iPad Air 2