View Single Post
Old 07-04-2021, 06:06 AM

Default Re: Really basic HDX question

Quote:
Originally Posted by uptheoctave View Post
I find DVS a real pain if you are switching sample rates.
Actually that is a pain with Dante too- say you load up a 44.1k sample in Wavelab to edit but your MTRX is at 48k- no sound.
I feel your pain. It's even worse with the Sync X, because it doesn't reliably output WC when a session is closed, so if my session isn't at 48k (or whatever rate DVS is set to), I have to open an explicit "listening" session, rather than just closing the session and setting the new rate in Hardware Setup.

It would be great if DVS could be configured to follow the sample rate of another Dante device, but that's something for Audinate to fix. (I do have an old Z-Sys sample rate converter lying around, I suppose I could press that into service with a cheap USB to SPDIF adapter but... not really a solution for multichannel CoreAudio use.)

Quote:
I actually have a dedicated UA Apollo for this. It outputs analogue signal that goes to an Audinate 2 input Dante converter that clocks of the MTRX sample rate. This was cheaper than, say, getting an AES card for the MTRX that does on the fly SRC and using an AES PCIE card in the Mac Pro.
A hack, but it works.

Quote:
I've considered making the Rednet card the clock master and having everything clock off that which will solve the 'different sample rate in Wavelab' issue but will probably complicate recording over Digilink.
Probably. :)