View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 09:52 PM

Default Audio appearing too early

I've got an 003 on a Windows7 64 bit machine running PT8. I used this setup fine for a long time (on the same machine, starting with PT7.4), but haven't done much with PT lately since I started using Reaper.

Anyways, I'm doing a session in ProTools now, and I noticed that things didn't seem to line up correctly. All of my recorded audio was sounding slightly off. So, I put up a mic, played back a recording of a snare sample, and recorded it from the studio monitors onto another track. When I look at the recorded audio, it ends up being earlier than the original sound, as if there is some sort of latency compensation which is out of whack. I don't remember this happening in previous sessions.

Is there something I'm missing? Is there a setting somewhere that would cause the recorded audio to not line up correctly?

The tracks have no plugins on them. I'm recording into an API A2D through SPDIF. I also noticed that when using the 003 inputs the audio sounds early as well (although I haven't actually tested this directly yet, I've only sample tested through the API A2D)