View Single Post
Old 05-05-2021, 07:26 PM

Default Re: The Satellite Link - or, I feel like a total n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeHoward View Post
From memory, playback is sample accurate provided there is a common word clock, but will be offset by a non-deterministic number of samples on each successive playback unless you have a common video ref and Sync HD on every system.
What does this mean? That each time you hit play in the session that they will be more and more out of sync with each other?

In my use case, as a redundant recording system when I'm recording live events in an effort to make sure that they are both exactly the same length and start and stop at the same time; or in the rare case (not having encountered it yet though) that I need to record more than 64 channels at a time, I can use both systems to record at the same time also with the exact same start and stop and file lengths; it seems like that wouldn't be that big of a deal, since eventually I'll be working on a unified single session anyway.

Lenovo P50: quad-core i7-6820hq, 64GB, 2TB SSD, Win 10 Pro / Protools Ultimate 2023.6 / HD|Native-TB
2018 MacBook Pro: six-core i9, 32GB, 1TB, Monterey / Protools Studio 2023.6, / DVS / DAR, L-ISA Studio

Home/mobile: Focusrite Red 8Pre+HD32R / Clarett 4Pre
Road/hotel: Roland OctaCaputre / Apogee One