View Single Post
Old 08-30-2017, 03:33 AM

Default Re: 12.8.1 too many errors - rolled back to 12.8

I work at a top sports network and we had gone to 12.8. I was amazed to learn of 2 bugs fairly quickly. One is the assignment of multiple outputs to multiple tracks - it was no longer possible and when doing audio post involving a ton of stems this is a big one. It is mind boggling to me that this one slipped through Alpha testing and this is pretty indicative of lack of resources at Avid in my opinion as this has been a basic key stroke for as long as I can remember.

The other bug was a resource bug. When deactivating a track it would randomly make other tracks deactivated before crashing - every time. I think this was a problem in how PT was accessing DSP on the HDX card as it seemed tracks with similar/same plug were the ones being deactivated before the crash.

Glad to see both of these are fixed in 12.8.1. Again - in my mind it is mind boggling that these 2 bugs made it into a released version - troubling to say the least. Though it does kind of go hand in hand with the 4.75 stock price!!!