View Single Post
Old 04-26-2021, 12:18 PM

Default Re: Now that Eleven Rack drivers work in Catalina, does Eleven Rack Editor also work?

Update:

I had no luck getting 11R editor to work trying the steps that Stuart Peck outlined in the post above.

However, I tried the steps Eric Beaty posted two posts down from Stuart Peck and his solution worked for me. Here's his followup post:

-----------------------------------------------

Re: Editor - Error Initializing MIDI Engine
It's October 31, 2020 (the 11R Editor is waaaaay overdue an update; it's several OS's behind on Mac), and I couldn't get 11R Editor working all of a sudden on my iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019). So I figured I'd add this post to help anyone else struggling in the 2020s.

I just followed the User Guide's specific steps on installing the driver (I just related the steps to a Mac OS). The key, I think, was leaving the USB unplugged until the computer restarted.

Here's the exact process I got this to work for Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7:

1. Unplug 11R USB from computer
2. Make sure 11R power is OFF
3. Uninstall/Re-install 11R Driver (the one appearing in System Prefs)
4. Allow computer to restart after reinstalling 11R driver
5. Once the computer has restarted, turn on 11R
6. Plug 11R USB back into dedicated USB port (directly in computer, NOT a USB hub)
7. Restart once more
8. Launch 11R Editor and it should work. You’ll know it’s working if you see the Load screen running with the progress bar as it’s indexing the rigs.

Sadly, I feel it's only a matter of time before the 11R Editor becomes obsolete. It would be nice to see someone else (like ToneLib) either take over the development or create a completely new editor design, even if it's just for the sake of saving/loading rigs & presets.

Hope this helps someone else,

Eric Beaty

PT 2023.12.1 Ultimate, 7,1 Mac Pro -12 Core, 96 GB RAM, OS 12.7.4 Monterey, 2 TB SSD system and apps, 2 TB Accelsior RAID 0 SSD projects / HD Native card with HD Omni, Eleven Rack, UAD Quad PCIe, UAD TB3 OCTO satellite, MOTU midi express 128 // Mac Pro 4,1 - 2 x 2.26 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 32 GB RAM, OS 10.10.5 Yosemite, PT 11.3.2