View Single Post
Old 04-07-2020, 09:19 AM

Default 2020.3 on Windows 10 - video corruption and cannot uninstall

I've reported this as a bug, but thought I would post in case anyone else has a similar experience.

I updated from 2019.12 to 2020.3 (did not uninstall 2019.12). After I did the install, Windows 10 would not let me "uninstall" Pro Tools. It was grayed out.

Also, every time I would bounce a track, the time remaining would get a black bar over it (on black text). When the bounce was done, all of the video would get corrupted, with weird colors and artifacts. I had to save and exit by hot keys. When I exited, it sometimes refreshed the video and might be Ok if I opened the session again. Sometimes not. one time I got an exception error and it crashed.

So then back to the uninstall. Since that would not work, I tried installing 2019.12 over 2020.3. it was almost complete, but then aborted at the very end telling me MMErefresh was not available to be installed (huh?).

So I rebooted, then wiped out the Program Files/Avid folder and a few things like preferences (but not my IO files) -- essentially a manual uninstall of what it left behind. Then I installed 2019.12 again and now it is up and running just fine (3 hours later...). no video issues.

so I am confident that the video issue with 2020.3 is something new. So glad I'm paying for the privilege of this experience...
Win10
www.studiodrumtracks.com
www.doubledogrecording.com