View Single Post
Old 05-14-2009, 09:12 AM

Default Re: Many different error messages, Pro Tools aborting or unable to click messages off

Quote:
Originally Posted by riffmachine View Post
Hello, I've been having a bunch of different problems over the last couple of days. It first started (and is repeatable) when I tried to burn an mp3 in a specific project. I got this message: "OMP abort: Initializing libguide40.lib, but found libguide.lib already initialized. This may cause performance degradation and correctness issues. Set environment variable KMP_DUPLICATE_LIB_OK=TRUE to ignore this problem and force the program to continue anyway. Please note that the use of of KMP_DUPLICATE_LIB_OK is unsupported and using it may cause undefined behavior. For more information, please contact Intel<R> Premier Support". This is one of many error messages I got.
A quick search of this forum for KMP_DUPLICATE_LIB_OK would have found your solution in THIS POST.

This is usually caused by having *certain* third party software/plugins installed.

Which ones do you have? Running the Tech Support Utility and selectign Generate Version List will give you a text file that you can cut and paste here so we could have a look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by riffmachine View Post
I have created a Sandra report, but I don't see a way to attach a file to this thread. I also have about 7 different screen shots with the errors displayed. If someone explains how to upload them, I will gladly do it. the Sandra report is in a .rar file and is way too big to copy and paste. Thanks - paul
The instructions for posting the sandra information are fairly clear (I think):

Quote:
Under SiSoftware Sandra, click on "Download & Buy" to download the free Sandra Lite version or purchase other versions. After installing Sandra, click on the 'Hardware' tab and run the 'Computer Overview', then copy and paste into your post here on the DUC.
Following those specific instructions from the General Troubleshooting post should only yield a one page result, not 7, and it should be text only, not "screenshots".
Copy and paste is done the same way it is in most windows applications (in first program, select all, ctrl+c, in second program, position cursor, ctrl + v). Sandra also gives you a button at the bottom of the screen for copying to the clipboard.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12