View Single Post
Old 11-03-2021, 09:47 AM

Default Re: Audio Glitches with Midas Venice F32 and ProTools 10HD

Thanks Darryl and DetroitT for chiming in!

Let me start with Darryl's questions/comments.
1) The glitch is most definitely coming from the DAW. The Glitchy, zappy sound, once it happens, is on the recording. Meaning, during playback, it doesn't happen at different spots as I'm listening back...It happens at the same spot or spots. To be clear, that doesn't mean that over multiple sessions it always happens at, say, 00:1:23. I mean that when the "glitch" rears it's ugly head...it "on tape".

I have only done a few track, by track, recordings...(meaning not a full band tracking live), and I don't seem to run into that same problem. At least not yet.

That notion alone lead me to believe maybe with the addition of the F32, I should increase my RAM.

To be clear, everything from my former system...(Digi003 Rack+, with a Focusrite Octopre with a 2009 Mac tower, running ProtoolsLE 8) stayed the same. With that system I had zero issues. The only thing that changed with the "newer" setup was the interface...that being the Midas Venice F32, and the addition of the PROTools 10HD software. (Digi003 Rack+ and Focusrite OctoPre, and Protools 8LE being removed from the setup).

The most bizarre aspect of this "glitch" is that it resides across all recorded tracks...without any indication within the waveform. If it happens at 00:03:42, it's always at that same time stamp.

I should probably elaborate that I received my copy of protools 10HD from an Ebay seller who had it preinstalled on a hard drive that I purchased. The Midas Venice, being no longer supported by Midas, or AVID, worked best with Protools 10 or 11, and Avid wouldn't sell me the older versions. (My protools 8LE didn't qualify).

I love the sound of this board when recorded...It's just not functional if I have 2-3 audible glitches per song over 14 songs.

I'm still at a loss. Thanks anyone who has any insight in solving this issue.