View Single Post
Old 06-20-2021, 01:37 PM

Default Re: Insanely Irritating MIDI bug...

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Do you have a volume pedal connected to your keyboard? You may be inadvertently sending MIDI cc7 messages. That or your keyboard is sending them on it's own (don't laugh as it happens sometimes with my ancient Motif 7).

I suggest getting the free MIDI utility called snoize and run it with PT shutdown. It will tell you what MIDI messages are being transmitted to your computer. Another thing you can do to rule out a problem with the vi's you're using is to grab a MIDI file from the net, import it into a PT session's instrument tracks, assign a vi and hit play. More likely than not there will be cc7 messages in each track and see how your vi's respond to that.

Also check the MIDI event list for unwanted MIDI cc7 events. And make sure there's no unwanted automation on your tracks.
No volume pedal with keyboard...but yeah he Snoiz idea is great will try this...I played in Cubase for about 3 minutes though and had no problems. So I was either lucky or PT has some issue....I will try this utility and also try things in REAPER. Thanks for the heads up!