View Single Post
Old 12-02-2022, 07:11 AM

Default Re: Insert (plugins) order and Undo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortWill View Post
I just wanted to highlight one more point: you can A/B hardware inserts before and after each other in the analog world too (with a push of a button). When it comes to mastering it is important to be able to do that relatively easy. I would argue it is important to do it in mixing too. I doubt that my "way of thinking" is horribly wrong
The thing is it is not matter of wrong or right . It is often just a different work flow with a different approach to do more or less the same thing.

Keeping in mind PT was originally designed by computer programers that had experience in the analog large format console and tape world before digital consoles became popular. And IMO to this day as far as audio goes PT is still one of most powerful DAWs available (once you become accustom to it's work flow particulars)
Make no mistake I am not saying PY is the be all to end all DAW there are no doubt some tasks and work flows that are better implemented and more efficient in other DAWs

Now I am no programer and do not know what would, or would not, be possible to easily implement or not in PT coding . But I think simply assuming that what is possible on a digital console or in other DAWs should be an easy programing fix in PT may not be completely accurate ?

Myself having started DAW recording in 2002 with Pro Tools and used it ever since as my primary DAW when I use other DAWs , or have tried other DAWs (specifically) Studio One and Reason which I own and have tried Reaper I often find some audio recording tasks and routing and editing to be clunky at times, compared to PT

For just one example the panning (especially panning stereo tracks) in Studio One is archaic and clumsy compared to PT's dual numbered panning knobs

Also it is entirely possible to quickly and easily change the order of Hardware inserts by a simple dragging and dropping up or down, in an insert bank (if as noted,, you have at least one or more blank insert slots)

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...

Last edited by K Roche; 12-02-2022 at 07:26 AM.