View Single Post
Old 05-16-2000, 06:41 AM

Default Re: SCSI-2 for Yamaha CRW6416

Thanks for the info fellows...

I should be receiving my Yamaha 6416 in the mail today. Been looking at the SCSI cards at the local CompUSA. They carry both the 2906 and the 2930. The 2930 is an "Ultra SCSI". But the 2906 also supports the SCSI-2 protocol, which is what apparently the 6416 requires:

"Macintosh Computer Requirements: System 7 or higher; Fast hard disk (<19ms access time, 700 KB/sec); Available SCSI-2 controller port; SCSI cable (not included)."

Since I don't have the unit as of yet, I wasn't sure what scsi cable would work. There are many versions of cable.... And no one at CompUSA seems to ANYTHING about this topic! Anyway... the 2906 is 25 pin, and the 2930 is 50 pin. If the Yamaha has a 50 pin female port... then it appears that I am in trouble if I want to go with the 2906. As a 25pin to 50 pin male/male cable doesn't seem to exist! I can't find the info on Yamaha's site on what type input the unit has, or any cable info.

The 6416 will write at 6x. But my cable and card will affect this speed... correct?

I have not heard anyone mention the ATTO SCSI( single ) card on this site? Is this a new card? Where, who, what, when? Also.... I searched for supported cards on the digi site, but could only find a list of supported burners. Where is this page?

Finally, can anyone clear up this cable-card confusion?

Thanks again!

------------------
Bugsy