View Single Post
Old 02-25-2021, 08:48 PM

Default Avid's Terrible and Worthless Support

I've been an Avid/PT user for over 20 years. It's an obviously well-established industry standard DAW with universal acclaim. Not for everyone, sure, but for those who have matured with the platform, stand by it, and depend on its workflow with all of its powerful possibilities, it has become an absolute staple.

How can this company have such completely useless and ineffective tech support and why does this company treat its customers so poorly?

I recently upgraded to PT 2020.12 on a new MacPro and encountered a troublesome issue. Importing Quicktime audio suddenly stopped. This worked fine for a few days but it suddenly stopped. This during crunch time for me with numerous deadlines on my plate. I contacted Avid via phone and was told I needed to purchase tech "support". (I subscribe monthly which used to come with support...but not any more I guess) After purchasing said support, was told I should be on the lookout for a phone call and/or email. She literally said "keep your phone on you" This rep also claimed that my case was escalated to urgent due to my deadlines and lack of workaround.

Needless to say, a phone call was never received after 3 days and counting. They did send an email instructing me to log onto my account and view my support code but the site is completely confusing and the only support codes in my account are from 2012. There's nothing that acknowledges my recent call/issue.

Meanwhile they wasted no time taking my extra $50.

I even have stock in Avid but not for long. Complete garbage