View Single Post
Old 12-08-2021, 08:46 AM

Default Re: PT does not play coming out of Windows sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevedfc View Post
Fellow Windows users, I am well aware sleep is not supported. I am pretty they are referring to not letting the computer go to sleep while ProTools is running. That's obvious to not do. We are not talking about that. Stop telling me that sleep is not supported.

I've had multiple machines with multiple versions of Windows and PT work great for years going to sleep and launching PT after waking up the computer. There's no reason this shouldn't work, and it has worked great for decades. It's just a new bug / quirk or whatever you want to call it in the latest release 2021.10 on my machine.

I am aware of how to trouble shoot things and have done so many times. This is not worth the time or effort since it's only an extra 30 - 45 seconds to quit PT and re-launch coming out of sleep. I don't put the computer to sleep very often anyway.

I only wanted to report the behavior to AVID. That's it.
Admittedly I don't run windows and I never allow the computer to go to sleep

BUT none the less .
I am confused (the bold seems contradictory, or I am not understanding your verbiage ) if you haven't quit PT, isn't still running ?

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...