View Single Post
Old 08-26-2021, 01:29 PM

Default Re: AAX DSP / Plugin-Alliance question

Thanks again for these thoughts. I used McDSP since the old MIX days because they were very efficient with DSP. But I never totally loved the sound, not sure why. Certain FX type things were great, like the super compressed "Thwack" CB1 preset. Demo'd the DSP basic production bundle and wasn't sold. Also haven't been sold on Sonnox, having demo'd them a few times over the years, especially considering the price tag. If a crazy sale comes along I might jump in. I like the EQ with the GML version. But I also agree with the above poster who said you can end up with too many options. I might be at that point. I have no shortage of plugs. I guess I just want a REALLY GOOD, ideally versatile compressor that runs on DSP, and maybe a really nice DSP EQ, although I find the stock Avid EQ fine for basic stuff. I don't really need all the extra bells and whistles of the channel strips. IRON seems pretty cool, but worth $300...? Guess I'm still looking...