View Single Post
Old 10-23-2022, 03:13 PM

Default Re: Major issues with Nexis

Let us know how it goes, Stef. We updated last week and I made absolutely sure that Nexis, Nexis Client, Pro Tools, and OS were all qualified and compatible. I had a follow email from support with a couple of questions, such as 'does Audiosuite renders freeze with all plugins?' Like I have time to sit and test hundreds of plugins! But I did test some and get them to lock-up. Many didn't. I also noticed that it depended (though not consistently) on whether I'm rendering multiple clips or not, and whether I chose to make a 'continuous file' or not. Lots of variables. Annoyingly, after a spontaneous reboot, I was able to move files between servers, render clips and generally run a session as normal without any problem for about twenty minutes. Anyway, after providing more detail, Avid came back with "We have a Bug related to this issue which seemed specific to M1 machines with Nexis". As it was late on Friday and I was about to leave, I thought I'd move a session from the NAS to the Nexis and run it for real on Monday. Bang. Mac rebooted. Sigh.