View Single Post
Old 10-05-2021, 01:56 AM

Default Re: Poly BWF metadata not translating in Premiere

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtole2 View Post
Hi All,
I apologize if this has question has been answered before, but I could not find a discussion pertaining to it.
I was wondering if anyone has an idea how to get around Premiere truncating the metadata in a Poly BWF. I export stems in a single Poly BWF out of Pro Tools to editors but when they pull up the file the track naming is eliminated and replaced with A1, A2, A,3, etc..
This is very inconvenient and a hassle for the editor. I really don't want to send multiple stems files. I'm trying to eliminate errors caused by people hand syncing the files. The BWF's in question can be reimported into Pro tools and Media composer showing all the metadata but not premiere.
Any ideas?
I'm surprised that PT embeds track names into BWAV or iXML data. So far I've only seen this from location recorders. I was under the impression that PT is NOT capable of embedding track names into BWAVs, it can only display them if the recorder embedded them.

Which names does PT embed and how to you enter them?

Or are you talking about the regular channel names not the actual track names? (LRCLsRs etc?)

Thanks!