View Single Post
Old 07-06-2021, 10:19 AM

Default Re: Help! ProTools 5.1.3 on MacOS 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
More stuff that might help:
1-shut down the rig, open it and reseat any/all the cards
2-reseat all connections between the card(s) and any interfaces
3-On any Mac, PT versions 6 thru 10 should open any of his sessions(even the LE version will open the sessions).
4-once a session is open, its crucial that he go to File>Save Copy In> and do 2 things; #1-check the box to enforce PC/Mac compatibility, and #2-save to wave format(if possible, aiff if not). Doing this will allow the sessions to open on any current PT system, even Windows-based)
5-while he has a session open, he should also consolidate all audio back to zero and then export the consolidated audio files to another folder for each song. This way, these files can be imported into any DAW on any platform
6-just an FYI for him; some plugins(even stock ones) may not be available on newer systems, but he should not have any issues finding a newer replacement
Excellent advice. Thank you! I'm planning on having him crack open the system to reseat everything and also grab pictures of the cards to help source replacements. Wonder if it might be worth getting some deoxit or similar electrical contact cleaner while we're re-seating stuff?

If we get this system up and running, the plan is to export zero-index exports of every track in every session. I think this is (hopefully) the final wake-up call he needs to finally migrate away.

That's excellent to know about the "PC/Mac Compatibility" checkbox.

I think he's mainly using really olde versions of the Waves/Renaissance plugins from that vintage. So, we should be able to get those running on newer software also. I'd probably try and steer him towards other plugins, but if he insists, they're available.