View Single Post
Old 09-24-2014, 08:31 PM

Default Re: recording with plug ins on the track

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxcarola View Post
In HD in most cases you have little or no latency (at least no more than ANY digital recorder like Sony 3348). Such a small latency is a problem only in certain cases like cymbals.
there are some plugins that use a large buffer (like limiters with "look ahead" function and some reverbs) but usually TDM plugins are OK.
You'll have latency issues in HD if you use RTAS plugins.

I like to record the plugins sound just as I was used to do with analog consoles. To do that I create Aux tracks of the channels where I put the plug ins and use a bus to send it to the recording track. So all I do with the plugins in the aux gets recorded and I'm able to keep secret my "secret" bass drum or snare eq and compression. ;-D

Also very useful when recording guitars with Eleven.

And you'll have a lighter session when it's mixing time since you will be able to just "disable" the aux channels without loosing the settings used in the record session.

The best

MAx
I thought you answered exactly what needed to be answered. Actually, your answer helped me tremendously .. thank you Max! THANK YOU!
I actually stumbled into the AUX send trick by just playing around with options... I was just trying to accomplish being able to hear reverb while recording, and that's how I accomplished it, by creating sends to AUX tracks, and send the AUX track output (or send) to the headphones mix... pretty cool stuff!.. I never thought of recording the output of the AUX track itself. That's AWESOME! I'll give it a try!