View Single Post
Old 04-07-2023, 04:14 PM

Default Re: M2 Pro Mini vs M1 Studio Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike661 View Post
I'm just here to report that I own both Mac Studio M1 Max and Mac Mini M2 Pro 12 core.

This past week I just replaced 4x Mac Pro 7,1 (2019) 12 and 16 core machines with the Mac Mini M2 Pro 12c, 1TB, 32GB. The Sonnet DuoModo xMac mini/Echo III (rack and desktop versions). I'm running both HDX and HD Native PCIe options with UAD-2 Octo PCIe and Sonnet 10G ethernet cards.

They are what I've observed slightly faster than the M1 Max in their responsiveness and plugin count/cpu performance. Pro Tools only address the 8 performance cores.

These machines have been 100% solid. We've extensively run PT in both Rosetta mode and Apple Silicon mode, depending on the session requirements. I can't say there's a noticeable difference in either mode.

The Mac Pros we replaced were MUCH more capable as far as CPU/plugin power. I will miss them, but I wanted out as the future of Intel supported Mac is clearly going to get worse as time marches forward.

I’m about to try the Mac mini M2 pro. I’m currently on a 7.1 16 core. Hdx2. I thought the M2 pro Mac mini would give more plug-in power than the 7.1 Mac pros. So did you find the Mac Pro 7.1 out performs the m2 pro minis in terms of protools plug-in power and cpu headroom currently? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk