View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 07:35 AM

Default Re: Recorded audio is not playing back in sync with other tracks

Quote:
Originally Posted by crizdee View Post
Hi,

Have you got delay compensation turned on?
Are you playing through any plugins?
Do you have any plugins on the mix bus?
Are all tracks routed to the same bus/output?

Chris
Thanks for the reply. I believe the answer to all those questions is yes, with the exception of the plugins on the mix bus. Delay compensation is on, but doesn't report any delay/correction. I found that by manually adding compensation, I can improve the synchronization of my tracks, but this feels like it shouldn't be a necessary. I am using amp modeling software (Guitar Rig 5), but it isn't reporting any latency, and I was under the impression that it shouldn't cause any (correct me if I'm wrong). Turning on direct monitoring on my interface didn't help though, so I'm fairly certain that isn't the problem. I don't think I have any plugins on the mix bus, but I'm not entirely sure what that is. I currently put my modeling plugin on an AUX stereo track, which I use as a bus, then run my guitar tracks through it. The drums are, of course, not running through that same bus (it would distort them), but all outputs are the same.

I'm beginning to think I should try a complete re-install of Windows and Pro Tools, as no one else seems to have had this problem.

Last edited by ATLracing; 07-08-2013 at 10:07 AM.