View Single Post
Old 02-02-2000, 09:55 AM

Default Re: MIX PLUS W/P CONTROL VS EUPHONICS W/ 1/2\" TAPE AND 888 24

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif">quote:<HR>Originally posted by shawnosimpson:
bryan, if you're looking at mixing on the euphonix cs series, then save your money and the hassle. it's not a magical sounding console. i've been working with a brilliant mix engineer who has been working at this for 30 years and he's now mixing almost exclusively on protools (greatly expanded). most engineers agree that a neve or ssl will typically sound better than anything euphonix has, but his pt mixes sound better than anything from any of these consoles. i guess my point is that you're not going to suffer any loss by mixing on your own system in your home, assuming your engineer is hip to it. if you are talking about mixing on the new euphonix digital, just be aware it's not really proven yet, but it is probably pretty cool. one is being installed here in nashville and my buddy there thinks it will be great. also, you can rent a 1/2" tape machine pretty cheap and run your mixes to that. well, sorry to be so longwinded. that's my 2 bits (only 22 more to go : ). good luck and congratulations on having so many options at your disposal.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

SHAWNOSIMPSON: THANKS FOR YOUR VERY HELPFUL REPLY. DO YOU THINK IT'S A GOOD IDEA TO MIX PT DIRECT OUT TO 1/2" (VIA APPGEE PSX 100) BEFORE TAKING THE MASTERS TO THE MASTERING LAB VS MIXING THE 24 BITS TO A 24 BIT DIGITAL MEDIUM FOR THE MASTERING LAB. I KNOW A LOT OF THE LABS LIKE TO CONVERT TO ANALOG FOR THIER PROCESSING.