View Single Post
Old 09-19-2006, 05:42 AM

Default Re: delivery interrupted overnight

Thanks for asking, Gordon. The most likely culprit is the wireless connection at the client's end, although I may never know because this particular client has opted for her x-drive. My server has passed all the tests that I, or Digi, has been able to throw at it.

I have also received an answer to my question about why DigiDelivery is more picky than "open internet" applications. I can't remember what it was word for word, but the gist is that the added security and speed of DigiDelivery comes at a price.

Personally, I still feel instinctively that the DigiDelivery server should be capable of at least as much as free or nearly free applications, but I can accept that there are technical limitations beyond my understanding.

It does bring to mind feauture requests, though:
[*]the DigiDelivery client should have the option of choosing a less secure, slower "open internet" delivery. Should the administrator choose, they should have the option not to allow this kind of delivery to/from their server, but the option should be available.
[*]I'm also still 100% on the bandwagon who wants a meaningful log that includes what time clients logged on to the server and how many bytes were transferred before the delivery failed and for what reason it failed. If nothing else, that would have lowered my blood pressure that morning.