View Single Post
Old 09-13-2006, 11:16 AM

Default Re: delivery interrupted overnight

She definitely has the most recent version of the client software, and I'll suggest that she try a wired connection, because she probably was using wireless. For the time being, she's using her X-Drive account (see www.xdrive.com), and she's moving on to other work that she has to do today.

There really should be a way for the DigiDelivery admin to see what's going on with the server, specifically deliveries that are in the midst of uploading, deliveries that have failed and why they failed. I should not have to put my client in the position of troubleshooting my DigiDelivery.

I've tested a 6.34GB delivery and it's working fine from here, but that's transferring over my LAN, not the internet. Jon Connolly was nice enough to test from his office with a small delivery and it worked fine, too. I'm about to get in my car and drive to another location and try over the actual internet, wired and wireless, large and small.

All of this is pointing to her connection, but she hasn't had any problems using X-Drive or Fetch on the same connection, which leads to my non-rhetorical question:

Why is DigiDelivery more picky than Fetch or X-Drive about the client's internet connection?

I spent the money for this to make my clients' lives easier, and I'm not seeing so far how that goal is going to be achieved.