View Single Post
Old 07-03-2022, 03:49 PM

Default Re: Can't get PT Artist to run Helix Native

Eleven Mk II amp sims (which are included in Artist with a subscription or support/update plan) are pretty good. Maybe less so if you are looking for high gain metal amps.

Eleven is old. Sure, the folks responsible left Avid years ago, but then a 1960's real Fender and Marshall amps are old and I'd still love to own many of those. I mostly use things like the JTM45 in Eleven II. The other plugins I use (very little) are Positive Grid's Bias Amp 2. I had those running on an M1 MBP when I had that, but back to Intel now on Monterey and Big Sur. And most other stuff is Fractal Axe FX or Eleven Rack hardware, that gets used much more. Other amp sim plugins I'd probably look at include those from Softtube. <- currently have a sale on.

There are separate things here. Run OK under Rosetta is one thing, most Plugins should just work. Run OK under Monterey with recent Pro Tools may be a separate question because of what seems like Apple security and iLok introduced issues. Many plugin vendors don't make compatibility details like this super clear.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 07-03-2022 at 08:30 PM.