View Single Post
Old 04-03-2015, 09:05 PM

Default Re: MacBook Pro 13" Retina with Pro Tools 11 and Digi 003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Tooley View Post
Hi all,

I need to buy a new MacBook Pro and currently looking at one of the 13" Retina models.
My interface is the firewire Digi 003 control surface.

I noticed in the Pro Tools 11 system requirements that "The 13-inch Retina MacBook Pro may have performance problems and is not recommended for Pro Tools with FireWire interfaces."
(http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...ion&popup=true)

It seems to refer to the late 2012 MacBook Pro 13 Retina model only.

Does anyone know if the newer 13" Retina MacBooks work ok with FireWire devices or does anyone have any experience of using FireWire interfaces such as the Digi 003 with these MacBooks? If so, have you had any issues?

I'd be grateful for any feedback you could give me.

If you're using another MacBook Pro Retina model with the Digi 003 I'd also like to know how you find working with the Thunderbolt to FireWire adapter and if it gives you any performance issues.

Many Thanks
Hi there! I know i got late to the conversation :P

Just wanted to let you know that I am testing Pro Tools 10.3.10 in my MacBook Pro Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014 with the Digi 003 rack+ interface using the next adapters:
Thubderbolt to Firewire 800 adapter + Firewire 800 to 400 adapter. And I can tell you that is WORKING.

I have some clicks and pops with very large sessions (50 plus tracks) in 88 khz and 96 khz - using the 003 or the onboard audio card. But with sessions that are not that large - and/or in lower bitrate - works very well indeed.

Just lo let you know :)