View Single Post
Old 09-28-2022, 03:04 PM

Default Re: How does PT know that someone else is working w/ my session?

I'm still in the "can't rule anything out" stage so I suppose that's possible. It's three guys in three different cities who are all busy with post sessions, so tough to troubleshoot, but turning off the preference will be enough for now.

I'm wondering, though, if merely having that preference checked would be all that's required for ProTools/Avid to go out to the internet and search for two sessions being worked on at the same time. Maybe we don't need to have one computer remote-connected to another in any other way...

But of course it wouldn't be checking every session from every PT user on the planet, only those in an owner's group. How those are grouped, I don't know. I can say that the two machines involved in this case aren't even registered under the same account.

It's not a big deal that this feature is working since it can be bypassed, I'd just like to know HOW it's working, since both machines aren't connected in an obvious way. Avid must be making the connection behind the scenes.