View Single Post
Old 12-02-2020, 10:09 AM

Default Re: Mac OS Sierra doesn´t restore window position on Dual Monitor System

Quote:
Originally Posted by treason View Post
I too have had this issue since migrating from ElCap to High Sierra (same issue in Sierra - really anything post ElCap). It's been driving me nuts, and I finally found the cause and solution, if anyone else comes across this issue.

I use Spaces in macOS (6 of them) on my Pro Tools HDX machine, and have (for years) assigned applications to specific desktops (that way they open in the assigned space regardless of where they were launched from). In a Pro Tools specific instance, this is accomplished by right clicking the Pro Tools on the dock, selecting Options: Assign To: Desktop 1

THIS IS THE PROBLEM

If you do not assign an application to a specific Desktop, your windows (plugins, sends, mixer, etc) open where you last placed them.

To be pedantic - do not assign Pro Tools to a specific window if you use Spaces and your windows will restore to the last known location.

Hope this helps someone

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! I was looking for this for the last three months...