View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 10:12 AM

Default Re: Hal Leonard Sheet Music Direct for iPad

Hello folks, not meaning to hijack this thread as a new member, but I hope you can clarify something for me:

I've been testing out the Avid Scorch iPad app and have bought a couple of scores from the Scorch Store, but I assume from the blog etc. that this is not actually served by Sibelius Music as-was, nor now Score Exchange?

Although the tools available in the Scorch app are certainly well executed (esp. the mixer for voices/parts) - without a means to also view online, doesn't this come across as a slightly less flexible/attractive alternative to Sheet Music Direct (from which I've also purchased before)?

By this I mean that you can purchase a score, print out your hard copy and then view online thereafter (and now play from the same file in the iPad) if I've read the blurb right - being in the UK...

So are we better to wait for the Sheet Music Direct app, or is there a similar approach for the Scorch Store that I've not come across yet?

Thanks, hope that's not too cheeky! I see that the Avid Scorch app came first, but wasn't sure whether Hal Leonard were working with the same development team as well as the underlying engine.