View Single Post
Old 04-09-2020, 03:37 PM

Default Re: Setting up Cue Mixes with Persist Sends during LLM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJENSEN View Post
Update: Currently being looked at by Avid.

Currently still unable to set up proper monitor mixes with LLM.
Capabilities as advertised for HD Native are a fraud!
Well, you seem bent on using something that isn't working, while I am trying to offer something that will work(or at least improve on what you have). You might consider off-loading some or all of your VI load with Vienna Pro, or maybe work more in Logic Pro(which all my Mac-using friends much prefer for large midi/VI production). Its also possible that the poor performance is the fault of Apple and not Avid. I have seen reports of the new Mac Pro(the one that starts at $6K) as having quite poor VI performance(sure, it could be Avid's fault too, but let's look for solutions).

Looking at your computer spec's, I'd say that 2.4GHz is kind of slow(speed matters more than number of cores in PT), and 24GB of RAM is a little light(32GB is a sensible minimum), a little slow(at 1066 clock) and a number that I'm guessing is probably the result of mixing different speeds of RAM(and maybe different brands?). Not sure how things work on the Mac side, but I know on PC's, multi-channel memory gives the best performance when all sticks of RAM are the exact same model and size I have also seen many reports that disabling Hyperthreading improves performance and stability by a large amount

Last thing to look at is what VI plugins you are using. Some are absolute power hogs, like KeyScape. As much as I love the sound of that plugin, I tend to do my midi recording using MiniGrand until the part is all fleshed out. Then, I switch to KeyScape and commit the track so KeyScape doesn't drag the system to its knees

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave