View Single Post
Old 10-01-2021, 03:36 PM

Default Re: Promo for perpetual license holders

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Roche View Post
Well anything is possible, but I would think it would not really make good business sense (just from a potential annual revenue standpoint) to cripple unused reinstatement of perpetuals , or un activated perpetuals. When potentially many of those people would then continue to renew the perpetual every year....

As I noted on another forum. As it stands currently Avid has the best of both the perpetual and subscription worlds::
#1 they have people renewing their current perpetuals every year.............................
#2 they have people renewing their subscriptions every year or every month .............
AND this promo gets people with expired perpetuals into yearly subscription.

Seems like from Avid's perspective it's a win, win, win ..........................................
Not sure why they would decide to upset that potential revenue stream apple cart ????
Thanks K Roche, I see what you’re saying and I hope that’s the case. PT hasn’t been my main DAW since 2011. I tried to keep it updated over the years but lost it at the end of 2019. Lately I’ve been wanting to get back into PT but Avid made that a bit difficult. I would have happily reinstated my perpetual if I could. I even rolled back my Mac Mini to Mojave so I could run PT 2019.10 again. I’ve been using Logic since version 2.5 and tried other DAWs, but there’s something about Pro Tools that’s so intuitive when working with audio. It’s so strait forward and not convoluted with a bunch of nonsensical features in your way. I wouldn’t mind if they just put their focus on bug fixing, stability, and performance rather than new features.

So, several posts back there was a mention about the $99 promo, that said it could be activated at any time? Is that really the case, or does it get activated when you purchase it? And does anyone know if the standard license with the perpetual parachute that comes with the Carbon can be activated at a later date? The FAQ states that the free Ultimate can which I think I posted earlier.

Last edited by alberti1; 10-01-2021 at 04:37 PM. Reason: spelling